Sunday 13 November 2011

Remembrance Day

Well, it has been brought to my attention that I haven't updated the blog for a while (Kate!!).  I came to the realization that things here in Canada seem so normal to me that nothing is post worthy, but then I realized that I had forgotten to say something on November 11th.

That, of course, is Remembrance Day.  It's a day that Canadians take quite seriously and with every year that passes I see more and more awareness.

I'm personally connected to this day through my Grandpa who served in World War II.  Here's a picture of the two of us on Remembrance Day a few years ago:


This year, there were approximately 3000 people at the ceremony, which is held annually at the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum in Hamilton Ontario.  During the ceremony, the last post is played and the famous Lancaster Bomber is flown just overhead.  It's quite impressive.

Here is a video I made earlier this year that has the music of the last post in it, as well as pictures from the largest common wealth cemetery in the world.

I can't predict when I'll post again, but my guess would be when I get my courses for school!

Stay tuned, I haven't forgotten about you!!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad I was one of 3000 that was there to say Thank You. I want to be outside next time and watch the Lancaster go over.

    ReplyDelete