Sunday 20 November 2011

Chantal Kreviazuk and the Hamilton Philharmonic Orchestra

Last night I saw Chantal Kreviazuk singing with the Hamilton Philharmonic Orchestra.  When I first heard about the concert, I thought to myself, "this will be a nice night out with the family!"  I also thought it would feature the Philharmonic orchestra and Chantal would be featured here and there.  Well, I was right on one thing.  It was a great night!!  However, she was the star and the orchestra was the backup music.

Anyway, it was such a fun night - she has an amazing sense of humour.  I was laughing really hard at times!  That's not the only thing she has going for her though.  Her voice was so impressive.  Some people when they sing live their pitch is all out of tune or shaky or something else, but she had really good control of all of that.

She sang a bunch of songs that I knew already, like "Feels like home", "Surrounded" and "Leaving on a Jet Plane", but she also sang a bunch of stuff from her new album Plain Jane.  My favourite of the whole night was called "Need Anyone".  The music was really all-consuming at one point.  I'm not sure if that's the way she wrote it, or if that's the way Mr. 'Fox' arranged it, but I found myself lost in the the accompaniment and it was a very welcome thing.  Hard to explain.

Right, well it was a great night and I think I'll pick up her new album.  Now, I'm going to enjoy the rest of my breakfast - bacon and eggs sandwiched between 2 apple cinnamon eggos.  It's a good morning.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, it was a great night. I thought she had a great sense of humour as well. She was so easy going, it felt like she was just hanging out visiting with us! I would definately go and see her in concert again. Her voice was amazing and she sang effortlessly. Good times. Good memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another Winnipeg Girl, glad you enjoyed her

    ReplyDelete