Wednesday 31 August 2011

The Cottage

Hello again!  I recently went up north to my family's cottage with, well, my family!  It was the first time we were all up there together at the same time in years.  It was so fun to spend time with everyone and get caught up after a year of being away.

Northern Ontario has such a unique feel to it.  Nights are absolutely silent, there is no light pollution so you can see every star in the sky, and the sunsets, well I can't describe them.  Here are some pictures I took up north:

Our view



Dinner

My biggest catch of the weekend

The sun sets directly in front of our place every night.


Breath taking

Early in the morning, when the lake is as still as glass, the water is warmer than the air, so a layer of fog covers the surface.


I just love it up there!  There's no place like the north!

1 comment:

  1. It's God's country...heaven. You are getting to be quite the expert picture taker! I love the last one with the reflections. PS. We are going there after work tomorrow....jealous??????

    ReplyDelete